Aquaponics is many wonderful things. It is environmentally friendly, uber-efficient and fast, and completely organic. It is also fantastic for the home gardener. Here’s why:
1. Your osteopath will thank you (or be wanting for business). You can set grow beds at whatever height you want – we recommend waist height! This way there is no repetitive bending down or crawling in the soil on hand and knee. Your back will be pain-free! This is also a benefit to those with mobility issues such as wheelchair users.
2. Waist height also means that pesky animals will have a hard time stealing your produce. More for you!
3. No WEEDS! Weeding is a gardening chore that we can all live without. An aquaponic gardening system will not grow weeds. Heaven.
4. Dirt-be-gone. Aquaponics will be the end of scrubbing your fingernails to get rid of those last traces of dirt. Aquaponic gardening is far cleaner than traditional farming.
5. You can grow your favorite fruits and vegetables year round. That’s right – growing with the seasons is not necessary.
6. No watering. This may seem obvious due to the re-circulating water system, but this will save a ton of time. Plus, most plant deaths are a cause of either over, or under-watering, which is not an issue for aquaponic plants.
7. An aquponic gardening system can be located wherever there is good sunlight – no need to fret about soil quality.
8. As produce grows so much faster aquaponically, you’re unlikely to be stuck waiting for crops to ripen, meaning you save a ton on grocery bills. Never buy vegetables again!
Aquaponic gardening is just better than regular gardening. FACT!
Aquaponics in India will soon be offering consultancy services. Please get in touch for more information.