“Estimates of general undernourishment – what is sometimes called protein-energy malnutrition – are nearly twice as high in India as in Sub-Saharan Africa.”
– Amartya Sen, Nobel Prize Winner
Did you know some of these shocking Indian food statistics…
• ONE THIRD of all world hunger is in India
• Over 7000 Indians die of hunger every day
• That’s 25 lakh deaths a year
• 30% of newborns are born underweight
• 79% of children aged 6 – 35 months are anemic
• Malnutrition is the greatest cause of death in the world – beating even aids and cancer
• Over 20 Crore Indians sleep hungry every night
• There are 820 Million people suffering from chronic hunger worldwide
• An Indian farmer commits suicide every 30 minutes due to extreme poverty
With the correct application, backing and education – aquaponics can cure all this.
Aquaponics in India will soon be offering consultancy services. Please get in touch for more information.